We are a startup based in Neuchatel and London, building the next generation of privacy infrastructure for the Internet. Our core technology is a decentralised and incentivised mixnet (a sort of Tor successor). It allows integration with third party applications and services to protect users' data and ensure their privacy at the network level.
The Nym team is a world class mix of privacy experts, coders, and thinkers spread all over Europe. They also happen to be really nice people. We believe that user privacy underpins democratic freedoms in a networked world, and we're proud to help roll back the surveillance society.
Nym is looking for a skilled senior systems developer to grow with us and make key contributions throughout this journey.
Senior Systems Developer, Full Time, Remote, Switzerland / London preferred
What you will be building:
- Advanced network privacy systems
- Building high speed consensus systems
- Integration points for user-facing systems such as wallets and network explorers
- WebAssembly components for in-browser use
What you bring to the team:
- At least 5 years of experience in systems or back-end development.
- Previous Rust experience in a professional capacity
- Go experience also a big plus (we have a few components in Go)
- Unit and integration testing skills.
- The ability to lead sub-teams in order to get things done. To be clear, this is a coding job, not a management job - but we need someone who can get to grips with problem-solving above the level of pure coding and take some responsibility at a team level while coding every day.
- Distributed systems experience
- Knowledge of blockchains, consensus etc a bonus but not a necessity.
What we offer you:
- A diverse and collaborative team of 30+, interested in learning and solving problems together
- Remote working (with a bias towards being able to do in-person meetups periodically)
- A competitive salary