Nym is a Web3 Privacy Tech, building the next generation of privacy infrastructure for the Internet. Our core technology is a decentralised and incentivised mixnet that allows integration with third-party applications and services to protect users' data and ensure their privacy at the network level.
The Nym team is a world class mix of privacy experts, engineers, and thinkers spread across Europe. We believe that user privacy underpins democratic freedoms in a networked world, and we're proud to help roll back the surveillance society.
Nym is looking for a skilled Full Stack Engineer, with a strong Front End experience including the use of Typescript and React programming languages. The Full Stack Engineer will work with product owners across Nym developing new applications and cutting edge privacy tools.
Full Stack Engineer
In the first month you might be:
- Writing an API that swaps ERC20 NYM tokens with native NYM tokens.
- Create a NextJS full stack web app that allows NYM token holders to delegate (stake) their tokens on mixnodes.
- Write a web app for mixnode operators to promote their nodes based on their reputation within the Nym network.
- Add features to Nym’s native applications that use the cross-platform framework called Tauri (React/JS front-end and Rust backend) with help from Rust developers.
- Write a web app to purchase and manage zk-nyms for getting access to the Nym network.
- Learn how to use Nym’s SDKs to send traffic over Nym’s mixnet to Nym web applications.
- Write a custom web app to sign up for airdrops and pass through the KYC process for grantees of the Nym Development Fund.
- Front End Development with Typescript and React.
- Creation of SQL databases, ideally in Postgres and SQLite.
- Database migrations, including schema changes and data migrations.
- Implementation of indexes and data structures for efficient database operations.
- Development of REST APIs, including the ability to create Swagger/OpenAPI documentation.
What you bring to the team:
- 4 + years professional experience Typescript & React and SQL experience
- Exposure to Go, PHP, C#, Rust, Ruby.
- GraphQL API development experience such as using ApolloJS.
- Are a “hands-on” self-starter.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Professional Blockchain experience a bonus.
What we offer you:
- A diverse and collaborative team of 50+, interested in learning and solving problems together.
- 6 Weeks annual leave plus national holidays.
- Yearly learning and development allowance.
- IT hardware package tailored to your role.
- Remote working (with a bias towards being able to do in-person meetups periodically).