Nym is a Web3 Privacy Tech, building the next generation of privacy infrastructure for the Internet. Our core technology is a decentralised and incentivised mixnet that allows integration with third-party applications and services to protect users' data and ensure their privacy at the network level.
The Nym team is a world class mix of privacy experts, engineers, and thinkers spread across Europe. We believe that user privacy underpins democratic freedoms in a networked world, and we're proud to help roll back the surveillance society.
Nym is looking for a skilled Rust Engineer, with strong open-source exposure. The Rust Engineer will play a vital role at the heart of Nym’s development team, ensuring our smart contracts, API’s and cryptographic systems are expertly built.
In the first month, you might:
- Help write a CosmWASM smart contract to store state that prevents users from double spending zk-nyms created with the new offline e-cash scheme.
- Optimise the performance of network tunnel devices that route IP traffic as part of the Nym nodes in the Nym mixnet.
- Add new endpoints to the Nym API to issue and verify zk-nym credentials based on the offline e-cash scheme created by Nym’s research team.
- Change communications between Nym nodes to use QUIC instead of TCP/IP.
- Add features to the Nym API to add a side-chain leader-based consensus mechanism to facilitate validators observing different measurements and attesting each other’s measurements (e.g. for use in distributed measurement of the performance of nodes in the Nym network).
- Advanced network privacy systems
- Cryptographic credential issuance and verifications systems
- Integration points for user-facing systems such as wallets and network explorers
- WebAssembly components for in-browser use
- Smart contracts in Rust
What you bring to the team:
- At least 5 years of experience in systems or back-end development.
- Previous Rust and GO experience
- Unit and integration testing skills.
- Distributed systems experience
- Knowledge of blockchains, consensus etc
What we offer you:
- A diverse and collaborative team of 50+, interested in learning and solving problems together.
- 6 Weeks annual leave plus national holidays.
- Yearly learning and development allowance.
- IT hardware package tailored to your role.
- Remote working (with a bias towards being able to do in-person meetups periodically).